GEN097/19 Introduction of a new region for Dark Fibre X (DFX)
22/11/2019 For Information
This briefing is for all Communications Providers (CPs).
This briefing informs CPs about the introduction of a new region for Dark Fibre X (DFX) orders.
DFX is currently available in the East, North and South regions. CP's will now be able to place orders in the West region from 1 December 2019.
We're pleased to announce that orders for the Dark Fibre X (DFX) product can now be placed in the West region from 1 December 2019 (subject to site survey and deemed consent).
CPs can order DFX immediately upon completion of the DFX establishment process.
A list of the exchanges that can support DFX within their region can be found on the DFX Product here
About Dark Fibre X
Dark Fibre refers to the provision of a fibre only connection, without electronic equipment to light the fibre, on either end. DFX is our product name for a Dark Fibre service. DFX features include:
- Available from 'BT only DF' exchanges to any other exchange ('BT Only DF' exchanges are those where there are no competing backhaul providers at the exchange or within 100 metres).
- Can be ordered as either a single fibre or a fibre pair.
- Now available in the North, South, East and West regions of the UK.
- 86km route limit.
- 19 inch patch panel termination in an exchange.
- 30 working days provision lead time (subject to survey and deemed consent).
- 12 months minimum contract period.
- Option of RO2 resilient routing.
- Completion by CCD provision SLA and 18 hour repair SLA.
- SLAs to apply from Soft Launch. SLGs to apply from Full Launch.
- CPs will need to complete our DFX establishment process before they can order.
This briefing supports ACCN OR597.
If you've any questions about this briefing please get in touch with your business development manager who'll be happy to help.