Ethernet Access Direct (EAD)
Ethernet Access Direct (EAD) gives you a point-to-point data connection between sites. You can use it to build and extend customer networks, develop new infrastructure and provide low-capacity backhaul. It can support cloud computing, simultaneous online pupil access in classrooms and storage area network connectivity.
Our EAD portfolio is made up of:
|Variant||Speed||Local access||Standard||Extended reach|
Extend your reach
Our standard radial distance is up to 25km, with a maximum route distance of 40km. But we also have extended reach options with a radial distance of up to 45km and a maximum route distance of 86km.
- We offer competitive rental and contract terms.
- Predictable pricing through fixed-fee excess construction charges on most orders.
- You can add resilience which gives you a choice of protection against fibre breaks or any other problems.
- All our EAD variants meet the security standards needed for government network bids (IL2).
- Powerful diagnostics mean you can test your own circuits and get faster repairs.
- We’re innovating and improving EAD for the future.
EAD is certified under the CESG Assured Service (CAS) scheme (Telecoms) (CAS(T)). This means that it conforms to industry good practice. While the CAS(T) scheme closed in January 2020, existing CAS(T) certificates are valid until they expire.
- Size: 412 KB Download
- Size: 183 KB Download
- Size: 325 KB Download
- Size: 48 KB Download
- Size: 61 KB Download
Prices for Wholesale Extension Service & Wholesale End to End Extension Service, Backhaul Extension Service, Backhaul Network Services, Openreach Network Backhaul Services, Cablelink, Street Access, Broadcast Access, CCTV Access, Ethernet Transfer of Service, Optical Spectrum Access, Optical Spectrum Extended Access, Ethernet Backhaul Services, Bulk Transport Link and Ethernet Access Direct.
Help and support
You can find information about using this site, advice on services and help with your account on our help and support pages.
Help and support videos
We've created some videos of different EMP journeys using the customer verification facility (CVF). They can help:
- get you on to the CVF if you’re not already using it – you can watch the video whenever you like, instead of having to schedule a phone call with us
- explain how to use the CVF to your technical people
- train new people to use the EMP.
You can watch the videos on the EAD playlist on our YouTube channel.