Stand alone survey (SAS)
You can ask us to carry out a stand alone survey for a customer before they order Ethernet or ISDN30 based services from you.
Depending on the survey type you choose, you’ll either get indicative prices or firm ones, along with an estimate of how long the work will take – useful if you’re bidding for a project, for example.
How it works
There are two types of stand alone survey:
• a desktop survey which gives you indicative prices and timescales (these are valid for 30 calendar days)
• a full survey where we visit the site or sites and give you firm prices and timescales (these are valid for 90 calendar days), or an indicative quote for Ethernet services (these are valid for 270 calendar days). Stand alone full surveys are particularly helpful for Ethernet orders, because they’ll tell you if you need any wayleaves before you order.
You must already be one of our customers to order a stand alone survey.
• Carrying out a survey before ordering gives your customers the information they need to bid for projects.
• You can quote with confidence, knowing there won’t be any unexpected costs down the line.
• Get people engaged earlier in the planning process, which can help with early indications of costs.
• Knowing whether wayleaves are needed can help speed up a project.
The Service Products portfolio consists of a range of products and services that are applicable across WLR, LLU, Ethernet and NGA. The portfolio includes Common Portfolio Products, Number Portability, Events and Exhibitions Day Rate Charges, Novation Charges, Project Services and Engineering services.
Help and support
You can find information about using this site, advice on services and help with your account on our help and support pages.