Transfer of service
Use this to move Openreach services from one communications provider to another, for example if you’re expanding or restructuring your business. You can use it to transfer partial asset bases to another communications provider.
How it works
You can transfer:
- Next Generation Access (NGA) and General Ethernet Access (GEA) – transfer one or more NGA GEA Cablelink handover ports, along with all Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) and Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services connected to it
- Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) – transfer one or more LLU co-mingling points of presence (POP) and all LLU metallic path facility (MPF)/shared metallic path facility (SMPF)/tie cable services connected to it
- Access Locate – this only applies to LLU or NGA. That means we’ll consider all the LLU/NGA-related services that terminate at a particular Access Locate space in the request. We carry out each transfer per circuit. You’ll need a signed agreement from everyone connected to the LLU co-mingling POP or Access Locate space, including us. If those circuits have a minimum contractual period, we’ll transfer the remainder to the new communications provider
- Sub Loop Unbundling (SLU) – transfer one or more SLU tie cables along with the metallic path facility (MPF) or shared metallic path facility (SMPF) services connected to it
- Wholesale Line Rental 3 (WLR3) – transfer Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) or Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) services.
- To use this service you’ll need to already be one of our customers for LLU, NGA, WLR, SLU or Access Locate. Find out how to become an Openreach customer.
- If your business is changing, for example if you’re expanding, merging or restructuring, we can take the stress out of moving services to another legal entity. You’ll also know you won’t have any issues with old and new entities existing on our system at the same time.
- Our team will guide you through the transfer to make sure it goes smoothly.
The Service Products portfolio consists of a range of products and services that are applicable across WLR, LLU, Ethernet and NGA. The portfolio includes Common Portfolio Products, Number Portability, Events and Exhibitions Day Rate Charges, Novation Charges, Project Services and Engineering services.
Help and support
You can find information about using this site, advice on services and help with your account on our help and support pages.