GEN062/19 Soft Launch of Dark Fibre X product (including prices)
08/08/2019 For Information
This briefing is for all Communications Providers (CPs).
This briefing informs CPs about the Soft Launch of Dark Fibre X (DFX) and the associated prices. Orders for DFX can be placed from today, 8 August 2019.
We're pleased to announce the Soft Launch of Dark Fibre X (DFX) today and the associated prices. CPs can order DFX immediately upon completion of the DFX establishment process.
About Dark Fibre X
Dark Fibre refers to the provision of a fibre only connection, without electronic equipment to light the fibre, on either end. DFX is our product name for a Dark Fibre service. DFX features include:
- Available from 'BT only DF' exchanges to any other exchange (‘BT Only DF’ exchanges are those where there are no competing backhaul providers at the exchange or within 100 metres).
- Can be ordered as either a single fibre or a fibre pair.
- Available initially in the East region of the UK, with additional regions being added periodically until Full Launch by 1 January 2020.
- 86km route limit.
- 19 inch patch panel termination in an exchange.
- 30 working days provision lead time (subject to survey and deemed consent).
- 12 months minimum contract period.
- Option of RO2 resilient routing.
- Completion by CCD provision SLA and 18 hour repair SLA.
- SLAs to apply from Soft Launch. SLGs to apply from Full Launch.
- DFX will be available for CPs to order via our Equivalence Management Platform (EMP) from today, 8 August 2019.
- CPs will need to complete our DFX establishment process before they can order.
This briefing supports ACCN OR597
If you've any questions about this briefing please get in touch with your business development manager who'll be happy to help.