NGA2029/20 10 Gigabit GEA Cablelink for GEA-FTTP special offer
23/12/2020 For Information
This briefing is for all, LLU, WLR and NGA Communications Providers (CPs).
This briefing is for Communications Providers (CPs) who consume and sell GEA-FTTP and those interested in doing so. We're pleased to announce a short term special offer providing connection discount for new 10 Gigabit GEA Cablelink orders for GEA-FTTP in all UK exchanges up to the end of April 2021.
To encourage CP consumption and sales of GEA-FTTP on available infrastructure throughout the UK, we're pleased to announce the following special offer pricing for 10 Gigabit GEA Cablelink for GEA-FTTP, effective on orders placed from 1 February 2021 until 30 April 2021 only:
- 10 Gigabit GEA Cablelink connection charges reduced from £1,042 to £750
A number of restrictions apply to this offer:
- Only the first 300 10 Gigabit GEA cablelinks per CP during the offer period will benefit from the discounted price.
- This offer will apply to all GEA-FTTP only Layer 2 Switches UK wide, it is not available where a Layer 2 Switch is also supporting GEA-FTTC services.
- The offer will be limited to the first 10 Gigabit GEA cablelink per GEA-FTTP only Layer 2 Switch per Communications Provider (no discount will apply to subsequent 10 Gigabit cablelinks from the same CP on a given Layer 2 switch).
- To be eligible for the rebate, CPs must connect the cablelink to their infrastructure to achieve “CP Live” status promptly after Openreach completes the connection, and in any case no later than 30th June 2021.
For the avoidance of any doubt, please note that the special offer pricing is limited to the duration of the special offer itself, and shall not be interpreted as a pricing intention on a long-term basis.
This offer eligibility is based on the date orders are accepted by Openreach (rather than the date of completion), but CPs must have connected the cablelink to their infrastructure no later than 30th June 2021, which will be the cut-off date to assess which cablelinks should be rebated.
The list of Layer 2 Switches in scope for this special offer can be found by CPs on the Openreach Infrastructure report.
This briefing supports ACCN OR684.
If you've any questions about this briefing please get in touch with your business development manager who’ll be happy to help.