ETH047/20 Launch of new wavelength card options for OSEA 6500 Filter Connect
30/11/2020 For Information
This briefing is for all Communications Providers (CPs).
This briefing is to inform CPs about the launch of two new OSEA 6500 wavelength card options: OSEA 6500 MUX 100 and OSEA 6500 FLEX 100.
Openreach is pleased to announce the launch of two new wavelength products within the Optical Portfolio: OSEA 6500 MUX 100 and OSEA 6500 FLEX 100. Orders for these new products will be accepted from 1 January 2021.
OSEA 6500 MUX 100 and OSEA 6500 FLEX 100 are both 100Gbps ready wavelength cards, with a maximum capacity of up to 400Gbps delivered by Ciena’s latest Wavelogic Ai technology.
These products offer 400Gbps capacity in a single/double card slot instead of up to four different cards. This gives a high capacity solution at a lower cost than our current portfolio allows, whilst being more efficient on space and power.
- Savings on rack space and power. Card capacity increased four-fold in a single slot giving more efficient use of the OSEA 6500 equipment chassis.
- Support future growth requirements. Additional capacity in 100Gbps increments.
- OSEA 6500 MUX 100. Optimized 100GE / OTU4 services. Up to four clients on a single slot card
- OSEA 6500 FLEX 100. Optimized for mixed clients. Flexible range of client types supported per 100G, including 10GE, Fibre Channel and more on a 2-slot card.
- Compatible with new and existing OSEA 6500 Filter Connect installations (subject to survey) providing efficient access to multiple 100Gbps wavelengths
- Integrated Optical Protection Switching as an option on both MUX 100 and FLEX 100.
Pre-order design requests using these new card options will be accepted from 1 December 2020. If you would like more information, please contact your Openreach business development manager or Openreach sales specialist.
The OSEA 6500 product description and pre-order design request form (OREF) have been updated to include details of these new wavelength card options. The Customer Requirement Form (CRF) used for placing orders and SIN514 will be updated prior to 1 January 2021.
The updated OSEA 6500 product description (version 2.2) is available alongside the current product description at
This briefing supports ACCN OR674.
If you've any questions about this briefing please get in touch with your business development manager who’ll be happy to help.