1) Data reports will be charged on a per MDF site basis. Since the introduction of online PCP data is available via the secure domain LLU website, so it may be accessed when required by Communications Providers authorised to do so. Openreach will stop producing the Data Report per MDF site and remove off the Openreach Price List with effect from 1st December 2009. Secure domain LLU website link as follows: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/products/llu/sec_info_note.do
2) Orders placed and cancelled before completing a Full Survey will incurr a cancellation charge, on completion of a Full Survey the survey charge will always apply.
3) Charges for Sub-Loop PCP Extension Works will apply whenever a Full Survey identifies existing space is exhausted. The price will cover the replacement of the cabinet fabric only. Additional work, if required to facilitate the fabric change or to enable the installation of Sub Loop tie cables will be charged on a bespoke basis.
4) Additional charges may be raised where non standard work is required.For work done by Openreach engineers not included in standard prices see `Time Related Charges' in the Service Products section of the price list for details. http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/pricing/serviceproducts.do
Where a Communication Provider has agreed an appointment with BT for work at the End Users' site in connection with the Communication Provider service, if BT is unable to carry out the work at, or gain access to, such End User site or the appointment is broken (unless due to BT's error). BT reserves the right to raise a Visit Charge as detailed in Service Portfolio Products Section of this Price List. http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/pricing/serviceproducts.do
Charges for network infrastructure over and above standard requirements are charged as excess construction and can be found in `Excess Construction Charges' in the Service Products section of this Price List at: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/pricing/serviceproducts.do
These charges include work on internal trunking & traywork; breaking through walls; additional poles, ducts and cables; radio charges and miscellaneous non-standard or specially requested items.
5) If a Communication Provider reports a fault and requests a field visit to complete further diagnostic tests over and above a standard line test (when available) and the fault diagnosis proves it to be the responsibility of the Communication Provider's (equipment), visit charges or TRC will be applied, which can be found under Service Products section: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/pricing/serviceproducts.do