1) A Site is assumed to be served by suitable fibre from the local exchange. All Orders taken for the provision of Wholesale Extension Services are subject to feasibility checks to ensure that service can be technically provided. BT reserves the right to charge Excess Construction Charges where necessary including in situations where suitable fibre from the local serving exchange does not exist or is deficient.
2) A fixed charge is made for each "end" from the Communications Provider’s or Third Party End User’s site to its local serving exchange. An additional Main Link charge is made for each circuit, calculated on the radial distance between the local serving exchanges. Main Link charges do not apply for circuits within the same local serving exchange area.
3) Rental is payable in advance. Quarterly billing of this item is offered as standard. Monthly billing is also available upon request. A 28 day cut off period is applicable prior to the end of the standard quarterly billing cycle.
4) This charge is no longer applicable to WES, as Excess Construction Charges are raised to cover the installation of new duct and/or fibre where required (See also Note 8).
5) All days will be calculated as Working Days, i.e. ignoring weekends and public holidays. The cancellation date must be given in writing by the Communications Provider. If BT fails to meet the Contractual Delivery Date and the Communications Provider cancels the order, a charge will not be raised. The full cost of any additional work, e.g. duct, which has been specifically incurred for the order by the time of the cancellation, will be recovered in addition to the cancellation charge. Should a Communications Provider request amendments to the Contractual Delivery Date and subsequently cancel the order, the cancellation charge will be calculated on the days between the date that the Communications Provider notified BT of the first amendment and the original Contractual Delivery Date.
6) WES and WEES 10/100/155/622/1000/2500/10000 include the care level set out in the Service Level Agreement within tariff.
7) For Time Related Charges (applicable to Out of Hours Visits, Abortive Visits, Equipment Testing, etc.) refer to the Service Products section of the price list, can be found at:
8) Excess Construction Charges will be raised in addition to normal Connection charges where additional infrastructure is provided to give new or extended service at a Communications Provider’s / End User’s Site or other requested location where BT would otherwise not choose to extend its network on the basis of normal commercial criteria. Excess charges apply to situations of extended reach, including provision to a new location within the Communications Provider’s / End User’s Site but does not apply to situations where existing capacity needs to be increased. There is no ‘within tariff’ allowance - the full value of any applicable charge is payable. Excess Construction Charges are detailed in the Service Products section of the price list, can be found at:
9) All orders submitted for migration, (whether subsequently found to be valid or invalid migration requests) are subject to the re-classification charge applicable to the bandwidth migrated.
10) Migration from the LES 2, LES 2500A & LES 10000A services is not available. There is not an equivalent service in the WES or WEES portfolio for LES 2. Migration from Previously withdrawn LES products (e.g. LES 1, LES 3, etc.) is not available. There is also no migration product from WES to WES Aggregation, transfer from an existing WES service to WES Aggregation will be as a full charge provide of the new service and a separate cessation for the existing service)
11) WES & WEES Resilience Option 2 is now available at all bandwidths
12) If a Communication Provider requires a non resilient WES/WEES circuit to be regraded to Resilient Option 1 or 2 circuit that requires routing re-work then a cease and re-provide has to be requested.
13) WES/WEES Resilience Option1 is currently only available at bandwidths 100/1000.
14) Common Portfolio charges will be applied in addition to standard connection charges, if applicable.
15) WEES Resilient Option 2 is now available at all bandwidths
16) If a Communication Provider requires a non resilient WEES circuit to be regraded to Resilient Option 2 circuit that requires routing re-work then a cease and re-provide has to be requested.
17) The price applicable to Connection will be that price quoted as part of the Order process which will be that applicable at the date of Order placement. When prices change the new prices will only apply to new Orders received subsequent to the date that a price change applies from.