Broadband Enabling Technology
Broadband Enabling Technology (BET) has been developed by Openreach to provide broadband services to locations that currently have no connection or very limited speeds due to their distance from the local exchange. BET helps to turn these "Not Spots" into "Yes Spots", by providing 1Mbit/s or 2Mbit/s broadband services over lines much longer than were previously possible.
- Based on technology used for over 10 years
- Multiple units can be installed in a day at an enabled exchange
- More reliable than wireless or satellite services
- Provides opportunities for people to work from home
- Helps promote social inclusion and improve quality of the services provided for citizens.
Access to the product documentation requires a portal login.