Tell us something about our network
To find out more visit our Expect Openreach site.
We want to know immediately if you think that any part of our network (outside the boundary of your property) has the potential to be a danger to the general public, if you notice that it has been damaged, or to report unsafe or messy Openreach worksites. We'd like you to call us on 0800 0232023 if you spot any of the following so we can attend to it quickly:
- Damaged underground cables (typically caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
- Loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
- Damaged green cabinets and/or open doors on them
- Damaged telephone poles (e.g. poles leaning at awkward angles, or poles that have been completely smashed to the ground)
- Loose, cracked or missing manhole covers
Alternatively let us know online here.
We also want to know if any of our work in progress or recently completed, concerns you as follows:
- We’ve been working in your area and have left a mess outside in the street that needs clearing up. Let us know here.
- We’ve been working in your area and haven’t put things back as they were. Let us know here.
- You want to report an issue with a BT building. Let us know here.
- You want to object to the recent installation of a street cabinet. Let us know here.
- You want to report dangerous driving by an Openreach engineer. It would help us if you could let us know the registration number of the vehicle. Let us know here.
NOTE: If you're having problems with your telephone or internet service, or you need to re-arrange an engineering appointment, contact your service provider. They can then raise the issue with us on your behalf.
We won’t have any of your account details so won’t be able to help. We have to wait until your service provider has asked us to investigate. So the quicker you contact them, the quicker we’ll be able to solve the problem. They’ll tell you when you can expect an Openreach engineer to visit and will be able to update you as things progress. Find out more by visiting our Expect Openreach site.